- How does eTherapyPro online counseling work?
- Your eTherapyPro online counseling account includes secure and confidential messaging that works like email. Communicate as often as you like back and forth with your therapist – whenever and wherever it’s most convenient for you.
You may schedule the following services direct with your counselor:
- Live Chat
- Live Video
- Phone Call
- Why should I try eTherapyPro?
- With few exceptions, it’s great for anyone who longs to change their life for the better. Our licensed therapists can help guide you on your way to happiness. It’s completely free to try it out with no obligations.
- Can eTherapyPro online counseling really help?
- While everyone’s circumstances and experiences vary, people often report significant improvements in the first few weeks of online counseling. A growing body of research is showing that online therapy is very effective.
To be honest, online therapy isn’t for everyone. For others, it is the best option. This is why we encourage you to try our Free Trial and find out for yourself without any obligation.
- Is online counseling as effective as in-person counseling?
- This question is difficult to answer with a yes or no. A lot depends on your personality and preferences. The truth of the matter is that every situation is different. In most cases, online counseling will be as effective as in-person counseling. In some cases, online counseling is not a good fit. Sometimes it’s a better fit.
It comes down to your personal preference. Some people want the direct contact that comes with in-person counseling. Others like the anonymity online counseling provides. People choose eTherapyPro because the advantages match well with their personal preferences. Perhaps they are constantly on the go and don’t have time to attend in-person therapy. Perhaps they have psychological or physical limitations that make it difficult for them to leave their home. Maybe they just feel more comfortable in an online environment.
Take some time to think about yourself and your style. If you feel working with an online counselor is not your thing, we encourage you to keep looking until you find a solution that works for you. If you are on the fence, please try our Free Trial. It’s the best way to know if it will be effective for you. There are no strings attached. You don’t even have to provide us with your real name.
- Is eTherapyPro anonymous?
- Yes! Your therapist will only see your username. When you’re ready you may wish to share more. You will also have the choice to schedule live chat, phone, or video sessions directly with your therapist.
There are many measures taken to protect your privacy. Here are a few:
- You can provide a fake name when you register.
- Your counselor won’t even see your fake name…only your username.
- Credit card billing is secure and through Stripe.
- When is online counseling NOT a good fit for me?
- Excellent question!
Online counseling simply isn’t well-equipped to help in the following circumstances:
- You are having thoughts of self-harm
- You are having thoughts of harming others
- You are considering suicide
- You have been ordered by a court to attend therapy
- You don’t have easy access to the internet
- It doesn’t fit your style or personality
- Treatment for drug and alcohol addiction
- Does eTherapyPro actually provide my counseling?
- No. The role of eTherapyPro is to connect you with a licensed professional counselor. Once we help you connect we provide a confidential place for you to exchange messages with them. The majority of the fee you pay is passed on to your counselor. They are the professional providing therapeutic services and eTherapyPro does not interfere with your counseling in any way. In other words, we only provide the platform for counseling. If you can think of any way we can improve your experience on eTherapyPro’s platform we would love to receive your feedback.
- Who are eTherapyPro counselors?
- All the counselors on eTherapyPro are professionals working across the United States. They all hold at least master’s degrees or above. They are all independent professionals who are licensed in their state of residence. The licensing laws in each state are unique but most require: a master’s degree or above, a practicum or internship, standardized exams, and 2000 hours of supervised counseling experience.
- How long does it take to get matched with a counselor?
- Usually, you can expect to hear from your counselor within 24 hours. If you joined on a weekend or holiday, please allow more time for a response. Contact Us if you haven’t heard from anyone in 48 hours.
- Can I switch counselors?
- Certainly. Often times learning to work with your counselor is an important part of the therapeutic process and your healing so we’d like for you to give your first counselor a try. We strive to match you with a good fit but that doesn’t always happen. If for any reason you feel like your counselor is not the best match for you please Contact Us and we’ll help you make a switch.
- Are my messages with my counselor saved?
- Yes they are. The messages work just like a private email account and you have the control. You can go back and reread them as often as you like. You can delete them if you wish.
- How much does eTherapyPro cost?
- You won’t pay anything until you try our Free Trial and make sure eTherapyPro is a good fit for your needs. You can easily cancel your free trail any time right from your profile. You don’t have to call us.
There are a couple reasons we require a credit card up front. First, it helps us confirm you’re at least 18 years of age. We use to have a lot of kids signing up. Second, it lets our counselors know you’re serious. They are licensed professionals who put in a lot of work during the free week and they want to make sure you give it your best.
If you do wish to continue, our prices are straightforward and posted on the home page for all to see. The cost is $40/week billed every 4 weeks at a rate of $160.00
- Will my insurance cover the cost of online counseling?
- Most insurance companies will not cover online counseling. That said, most insurance companies will charge a copay for meeting with a counselor ranging from $20-$60/session. At $35/week, our services fall right within that range. Some insurance companies provide a flexible spending account which will reimburse you for counseling services. In this case we provide customized invoices based on your needs.
- How do I cancel eTherapyPro?
- Don’t you hate it when online services make you call to cancel? With eTherapyPro you can cancel on your own any time, here’s how:
1. Login to eTherapyPro.com
2. Navigate to the “Account” page
3. Click “Cancel”
4. Click “Yes, cancel this membership”
5. That’s it!
This is the only valid method for canceling your membership. Please do not call or email us to cancel.
Even though your membership will be cancelled and you will receive no further charges, your messages will be saved and you will have access to your account for as long as you like. If you ever need more help, you can start service up again any time and keep the same therapist if you like.
- What if I’m a counselor that would like to work with eTherapyPro?
- We’d love to hear from you. Please tell us a bit about yourself here.
- Is the Trial really Free?
- Yes…it really is! You can cancel right from your profile any time. You don’t have to call. Just go to Account and then choose Cancel. That’s it.
After the free trial, your credit card will be billed for the monthly fee.