At eTherapyPro.com your privacy rights are of the utmost importance to us. We have taken extensive measures to ensure your privacy is secure and regularly review our practices to keep them up to date and reliant.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Data Collection and Use
The Platform contains various different functions and services that allow you to communicate with mental health professionals and other users. You may choose to limit what information you provide but by so doing you limit your access to functions and services offered on this Platform. Professional counselors are not able to provide therapeutic services such as counseling sessions, email therapy, etc. without certain PII. For these services you provide your name, address, and contact information. Your privacy is further protected when you initiate any and all counseling services by statements of practices and confidentiality which will be presented to you at the time you initiate these services.
We gather various different types of information about you, such as:
- Information that is required when you schedule appointments or register on our Platform
- Information that you choose to include on your profile or choose to share on forums, groups, or directly with other Platform users.
- For communication purposes we will require the collection of an email address for replies to your queries.
- For therapeutic services we will require your name, age, gender, address, and contact details.
- Information will be collected whenever you fill out a form, use Live Chat or voluntarily enter information anywhere on our Platform, or provide us with feedback on our products or services.
Our Use of Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- To comply with law enforcement when it is required or permitted by law.
If you choose to engage in therapeutic services through the Platform it is likely that you will be exchanging information with a mental health professional (“professional”) regarding your personal life. This information will be private and only viewed by you and the professional. It will be used by yourself and the professional for the purpose of determining the course and goals of therapeutic treatment and services.
Protection of Your Information
Our Platform is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order or enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All financial transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Protection of Other Platform Users
In order to protect the peace and privacy of other Platform users you must agree to the following:
- Not to post any content that may be construed as inflammatory, combative or intended to incite violence.
- Not to post content of a graphic or gratuitous nature such as nudity, pornography, images or suggestions of violence of any kind, etc.
- Not to use the Platform for commercial purposes such as to promote business opportunities, increase sales, or provide unsolicited spam content.
- Not to intimidate, threaten, or harass other Platform users.
- Not to collect any content provided by other users such as their profile information or content of the posts for any reason other than those expressly stated in the forum guidelines or without the express consent of said user.
- Not create an account/profile for another person or more than one account/profile for yourself.
- Not attempt to access the account/profile of another user or solicit their login details.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
- If you disable cookies some features will be disabled. It may affect your experience to be less efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still schedule appointments, maintain a membership and profile, and participate in public areas of the Platform.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your PII unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. For example, we may track how many users respond to marketing efforts and use this information to tailor future marketing efforts.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users on the Platform. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Personal Electronic Devices
This Platform is accessed and operated through a wide range of portable electronic devices. Your use of these devices is entirely voluntary and you agree to cover all associated service fees from third parties such as data charges from your mobile carrier should you choose to use our services on a personal portable electronic device.
You agree that any dispute that may arise between you and any other user of the Platform will first be reviewed by eTherapyPro.com. If we are unable to resolve the dispute you agree that if you choose to escalate the matter you will next proceed to mediation and then arbitration. Likewise should any dispute occur between yourself and eTherapyPro.com you agree to first attempt to resolve the matter with us. If we are unsuccessful and you determine to escalate the matter you agree to next proceed to mediation and then arbitration.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13 and do not intend to collect information from them. If you are aware of any information that has been collected on any person 13 years of age or under please advise us immediately through our “contact” page and we will delete said information.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
- Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
- Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
[email protected] and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
1010 Becky Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80921
Last Edited on 10-27-2016